| || ||MABS 405: Developing Business Web Sites |
|Logging into CCSF Student Accounts: |
- Click Start on Taskbar
- Select Run
- Type telnet hills.ccsf.cc.ca.us
- At the login prompt, enter your hills userid.
At the Password: prompt enter your hills password. If this is your first login, the initial student password is your birthday entered as
- All letters are lower case.
- No spaces or special characters.
mmmddyy, e.g., jan0180 for Jan. 1, 1980
- At the TERM=(vt100) prompt, press <Enter
- The $ prompt indicates that you have successfully logged in
- Type setup or type "mkdir public_html" to create your public_html and, then within
the public_html directory type"mkdir cgi-bin"to make the cgi-bin directory.
Type chmod 755 for the public_html and the cgi-bin directories to give them permission.
Use permission 755 for the rest of your files.
- Typels -al or ll to list files
- Type exit to log out
- For detailed instructions regarding logging in uploading web pages, go to
|Using WS_FTP LE to Upload Your Web Pages |
| ||Ipswitch's WS_FTP Limited Edition ™, the world's most popular FTP client for Windows. |
|WS_FTP LE (32-bit) 5.08 |
Transfer files over the Internet.
OS: Windows 95/98/NT License: Free
|Using WS_FTP LE to Give UNIX Permissions: |
WS_FTPLE can give unix permissions to a file or directory on theremote host computer. Highlight the file or directory and right-click to bringup a menu. Click on chmod (unix). For file read permissions, click on ok. Fordirectory execute permissions, click on execute for owner, group, and other.Click on ok.