- August 1917.
- The six weeks at Essentuki.
- G. unfolds the plan of the whole work.
- “Schools are imperative”.
- “Super-efforts”. It's not just working harder. Yes we must go the extra mile, but it's not enough.
We must go all the way and accomplish what we said out to do,it relly means what AA says:
"Half measures avail us nothing!" So, half ass work is not an opption, otherwise this whole
Gurdjiffian system remains nothing but hot air. One moment of weakness and
all the work we have done will be for norhing. It evaports like fart in the wind.
- The unison of the centers is the chief difficulty in work on oneself.
- Man the slave of his body.
- Wastige of energy from unnecessary muscular tension.
- G. shows exercises for muscular control and relaxation.
- The “stop” exercise.
- The demands of “stop”
- G. relates a case of “stop” in Central Asia.
- The influence of “stop” at Essentuki.
- The habit of talking.
- An experiment in fasting.
- What sin is.
- G. shows exercises in attention.
- An experiment in breathing.
- Realization of the difficulties of the way.
- Indispensibility of great knowledge, efforts, and help.
- Is there no way outside of the “ways”?
- The “way” as help given to people according to type.
- The “subjective” and “objective” ways.
- The obyvatel.
- What does “to be serious” mean?
- Only one thing is serious.
- How to attain real freedom.
- The hard way of slavery and obedience.
- What is one prepared to sacrifice.
- The fairy tale of the wolf and the sheep.
- Astrology and types. See the Glossary.
- A demonstration.
- G. announces the dispersal of the group.
- A final trip to Petersburg.