Upon completion of this course a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the process of science, the scientific method, and the relationship between scientific research and established knowledge pertaining to ecology.
- Illustrate the interdisciplinary nature of ecology by outlining contributions from the natural sciences, social sciences, and engineering and technology to our understanding of human impacts San Francisco Bay.
- Analyze and integrate evidence from research in the natural sciences, social sciences, engineering and technology to critically evaluate proposed solutions to environmental and resource issues facing San Francisco Bay.
- Communicate clearly when writing or speaking about ecological issues of San Francisco Bay demonstrating content knowledge of key ecological concepts and their social, political, and historical context.
- Identify organisms and their adaptations and analyze their role in their community.